Event extended (time). Flood Warning from 9/24/2021 9:38 AM to 9:00 PM EDT for Central Maryland. More information.
Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 900 pm EDT, Sep 24th 2021
...The Flood Warning is extended for the following rivers in
Monocacy River near Frederick affecting Frederick County.
For the Monocacy River...including Frederick...Moderate flooding is
938 AM EDT Fri Sep 24 2021
...The Flood Warning is now in effect until late this evening...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Monocacy River near Frederick.
* Until late this evening.
* At 9:15 AM EDT Friday the stage was 18.4 feet, or 3.4 feet above
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring.
* Recent Activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending
at 9:15 AM EDT Friday was 19.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river is expected to fall below flood stage late
this afternoon and continue falling to 5.0 feet Monday morning.
* Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of 18.4
feet on 04/27/1952.
River Name Fld Observed Fri Fri Sat Crest
Location Stg Stg Day/Time 2PM 8PM 2AM Stg Time Date
Frederick 15.0 18.4 Fri 9 am 15.7 13.2 10.4 19.0 5:45AM 9/24
LAT...LON 3958 7738 3955 7731 3940 7735 3924 7741
3922 7745 3926 7748 3951 7742
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government