Event extended (time). Flood Warning from 9/23/2021 10:42 PM to 9/24/2021 11:00 AM EDT for Southern PA. More information.
Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 1100 am EDT, Sep 24th 2021
...The Flood Warning is extended for the following rivers in
Penns Creek Near Penns Creek affecting Union and Snyder Counties.
Swatara Creek At Harper Tavern affecting Schuylkill and Lebanon
...The Flood Warning is cancelled for the following rivers in
Sherman Creek At Shermans Dale affecting Perry County.
For the Penns Creek...including Penns Creek...Moderate flooding is
For the Swatara Creek...including Middletown, Harper Tavern,
Hershey...Minor flooding is forecast.
1042 PM EDT Thu Sep 23 2021
...The Flood Warning is now in effect until late tomorrow morning...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Swatara Creek At Harper Tavern.
* Until late tomorrow morning.
* At 10:31 PM EDT Thursday the stage was 10.1 feet.
* Flood stage is 9.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Recent Activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending
at 10:31 PM EDT Thursday was 10.1 feet.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise to a crest of 10.4 feet
just after midnight tonight. It will then fall below flood stage
* Impact...At 9.0 feet, Several driveways and other minor roadways
are affected. Water begins to enter some basements.
* Impact...At 10.0 feet, High water isolates several houses.
* Impact...At 12.0 feet, A number of secondary roads are closed,
resulting in some evacuations. A few homes are flooded.
* Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of 11.9
feet on 04/03/2005.
LAT...LON 4059 7648 4052 7639 4037 7647 4034 7659
4038 7663 4043 7658
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government