New event. Flood Warning from 9/23/2021 7:01 PM to 9/24/2021 10:25 AM EDT for Southern PA. More information.
Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 1025 am EDT, Sep 24th 2021
...The National Weather Service in State College PA has issued a
Flood Warning for the following rivers in Pennsylvania...
Swatara Creek At Harper Tavern affecting Schuylkill and Lebanon
For the Swatara Creek...including Middletown, Harper Tavern,
Hershey...Minor flooding is forecast.
536 PM EDT Thu Sep 23 2021
The National Weather Service in State College has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Swatara Creek At Harper Tavern.
* Until late tomorrow morning.
* At 5:16 PM EDT Thursday the stage was 8.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 9.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise above flood stage this
evening to a crest of 9.5 feet just after midnight tonight. It
will then fall below flood stage late tonight.
* Impact...At 9.0 feet, Several driveways and other minor roadways
are affected. Water begins to enter some basements.
* Impact...At 10.0 feet, High water isolates several houses.
LAT...LON 4059 7648 4052 7639 4037 7647 4034 7659
4038 7663 4043 7658
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government