Event extended (time). Flood Warning from 9/23/2021 2:46 PM to 9/24/2021 5:00 AM EDT for Southern PA. More information.
Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 500 am EDT, Sep 24th 2021
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in
Bald Eagle Creek Near Beech Creek Station affecting Clinton and
Penns Creek Near Penns Creek affecting Union and Snyder Counties.
Sherman Creek At Shermans Dale affecting Perry County.
For the Bald Eagle Creek...including Beech Creek Station...Minor
flooding is forecast.
For the Penns Creek...including Penns Creek...Minor flooding is
For the Sherman Creek...including Shermans Dale...Minor flooding is
246 PM EDT Thu Sep 23 2021
...The Flood Warning is now in effect until late tonight...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Sherman Creek At Shermans Dale.
* Until late tonight.
* At 2:15 PM EDT Thursday the stage was 10.5 feet.
* Flood stage is 9.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Recent Activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending
at 2:15 PM EDT Thursday was 10.6 feet.
* Forecast...The river is expected to fall below flood stage late
this evening and continue falling to 2.5 feet Sunday morning.
* Impact...At 5.0 feet, River Road is closed upstream of
* Impact...At 7.0 feet, River Road is closed upstream of
* Impact...At 9.0 feet, Several homes along Creek Road are affected
by high water.
* Impact...At 11.0 feet, A number of homes along Creek Road and
other low lying areas adjacent to Sherman Creek are affected by
LAT...LON 4036 7726 4035 7719 4037 7713 4036 7709
4031 7716 4031 7725
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government