Event extended (time). Flood Warning from 9/3/2021 3:34 AM to 8:36 PM EDT for Central Maryland. More information.
Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 836 pm EDT, Sep 3rd 2021
...The Flood Warning is extended for the following rivers in
Potomac River at Edwards Ferry affecting Loudoun and Montgomery
For the Potomac River...including Paw Paw, Hancock, Dam Number Five,
Shepherdstown, Harpers Ferry, Point of Rocks, Edwards Ferry, Little
Falls...Minor flooding is forecast.
334 AM EDT Fri Sep 3 2021
...The Flood Warning is now in effect until this evening...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Potomac River at Edwards Ferry.
* Until this evening.
* At 3:02 AM EDT Friday the stage was 15.7 feet, or 0.7 feet above
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Recent Activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending
at 3:02 AM EDT Friday was 15.7 feet.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise to a crest of 16.0 feet
this morning. It will then fall below flood stage this afternoon.
* Flood History...No available flood history.
River Name Fld Observed Fri Fri Fri Crest
Location Stg Stg Day/Time 8AM 2PM 8PM Stg Time Date
Edwards Ferry 15.0 15.7 Fri 3 am 16.0 15.2 13.2 16.0 8am Fri
LAT...LON 3923 7744 3913 7745 3908 7730 3903 7736
3905 7745 3911 7755 3920 7754
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government