New event. Flood Warning from 9/3/2021 3:12 AM to 6:49 PM EDT for Central Maryland. More information.
Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 649 pm EDT, Sep 3rd 2021
...The National Weather Service in Baltimore MD/Washington DC has
issued a Flood Warning for the following rivers in Maryland...
Potomac River at Edwards Ferry affecting Loudoun and Montgomery
For the Potomac River...including Paw Paw, Hancock, Dam Number Five,
Shepherdstown, Harpers Ferry, Point of Rocks, Edwards Ferry, Little
Falls...Minor flooding is forecast.
936 PM EDT Thu Sep 2 2021
The National Weather Service in Sterling Virginia has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Potomac River at Edwards Ferry.
* From late tonight to tomorrow evening.
* At 9:16 PM EDT Thursday the stage was 14.2 feet, or 0.8 feet below
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise above flood stage late
tonight to a crest of 15.4 feet tomorrow morning. It will then
fall below flood stage early tomorrow afternoon.
* Impact...At 15.0 feet, Water reaches the boat ramp and lower
parking area at Edwards Ferry, and begins to inundate areas near
* Flood History...No available flood history.
River Name Fld Observed Fri Fri Fri Crest
Location Stg Stg Day/Time 2AM 8AM 2PM Stg Time Date
Edwards Ferry 15.0 14.2 Thu 9 pm 14.9 15.4 14.9 15.4 8am Fri
LAT...LON 3923 7744 3913 7745 3908 7730 3903 7736
3905 7745 3911 7755 3920 7754
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government