Event extended (time). Flood Warning from 9/2/2021 9:32 PM to 9/3/2021 2:11 PM EDT for Central Maryland. More information.
Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 211 pm EDT, Sep 3rd 2021
...The Flood Warning is extended for the following rivers in
Monocacy River near Frederick affecting Frederick County.
For the Monocacy River...including Frederick...Moderate flooding is
932 PM EDT Thu Sep 2 2021
...The Flood Warning is now in effect until early tomorrow
The Flood Warning continues for
the Monocacy River near Frederick.
* Until early tomorrow afternoon.
* At 9:15 PM EDT Thursday the stage was 20.7 feet, or 5.7 feet above
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Major flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Recent Activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending
at 9:15 PM EDT Thursday was 21.9 feet.
* Forecast...The river is expected to fall below flood stage
tomorrow morning and continue falling to 4.9 feet Sunday evening.
* Impact...At 21.0 feet, Maryland Route 26 is flooded near the
Monocacy River bridge.
* Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of 20.6
feet on 12/06/1993.
River Name Fld Observed Fri Fri Fri Crest
Location Stg Stg Day/Time 2AM 8AM 2PM Stg Time Date
Frederick 15.0 20.7 Thu 9 pm 18.6 15.1 12.0 MSG unknown
LAT...LON 3958 7738 3955 7731 3940 7735 3924 7741
3922 7745 3926 7748 3951 7742
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government