Event extended (time). Flood Warning from 9/2/2021 8:00 PM EDT until further notice for Central Maryland, Delmarva/Southern MD. More information.
Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 715 am EDT, Sep 3rd 2021
...The Flood Warning is extended for the following rivers in
Susquehanna Below Conowingo Dam affecting Cecil and Harford
For the Susquehanna River...including Conowingo Dam...Minor flooding
712 PM EDT Thu Sep 2 2021
...The Flood Warning is now in effect until further notice...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Susquehanna Below Conowingo Dam.
* From this evening until further notice.
* At 6:30 PM EDT Thursday the stage was 23.2 feet, or 0.3 feet below
* Flood stage is 23.5 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise above flood stage shortly
and continue rising to 23.5 feet. Additional rises are possible
* Impact...At 23.7 feet, Minor flooding begins in the town of Port
* Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of 23.5
feet on 05/18/1989.
River Name Fld Observed Crest
Location Stg Stg Day/Time 6 hr 12hr 18 Stg Time Date
Conowingo Dam 23.5 22.2 Thu 2 pm MSG MSG MSG MSG unknown
LAT...LON 3966 7622 3968 7616 3955 7604 3952 7611
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government