New event. Flood Watch from 9/2/2021 11:26 AM to 9/3/2021 8:00 PM EDT for Central Maryland. More information.
Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 800 pm EDT, Sep 3rd 2021
...The National Weather Service in Baltimore MD/Washington DC has
issued a Flood Watch for the following rivers in Maryland...
Potomac River at Point of Rocks affecting Frederick MD and
Western Loudoun zones.
For the Potomac River...including Point of Rocks...flooding is
1126 AM EDT Thu Sep 2 2021
The National Weather Service in Sterling Virginia has issued a
* Flood Watch for
the Potomac River at Point of Rocks.
* From this morning to tomorrow evening.
* At 10:32 AM EDT Thursday the stage was 5.4 feet, or 10.6 feet
below flood stage.
* Flood stage is 16.0 feet.
* Flooding is possible.
* Forecast...Flood stage may be reached based on the latest forecast
* Impact...At 15.0 feet, Several lowland forested areas, mainly on
islands, begin to flood.
River Name Fld Observed Thu Fri Fri Crest
Location Stg Stg Day/Time 8PM 2AM 8AM Stg Time Date
Point of Rocks 16.0 5.4 Thu 10 am 11.3 14.1 15.2 15.2 8am Fri
LAT...LON 3936 7766 3934 7757 3926 7747 3923 7744
3920 7754 3927 7760 3930 7770
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government