Event extended (time). Flood Warning from 9/2/2021 10:11 AM to 9:00 PM EDT for Southern PA. More information.
Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 900 pm EDT, Sep 2nd 2021
...The Flood Warning is extended for the following rivers in
Schuylkill River At Norristown affecting Philadelphia, Chester,
and Montgomery Counties.
Schuylkill River At Pottstown affecting Montgomery County.
...Observed flooding changed from Moderate to Major severity and
increased in duration for the following rivers in Pennsylvania...
Schuylkill River At Philadelphia affecting Philadelphia and
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in
Schuylkill River At Berne affecting Berks County.
Schuylkill River At Reading affecting Berks County.
For the Schuylkill River...including Berne, Reading, Pottstown,
Norristown, Philadelphia...Major flooding is forecast.
1011 AM EDT Thu Sep 2 2021
...The Flood Warning is now in effect until late this evening...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Schuylkill River At Berne.
* Until this evening.
* At 9:32 AM EDT Thursday the stage was 12.9 feet.
* Flood stage is 12.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Recent Activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending
at 9:32 AM EDT Thursday was 15.7 feet.
* Forecast...The river will oscillate above flood stage with a
maximum value of 12.5 feet this afternoon. It will fall below
flood stage this evening.
* Impact...At 10.0 feet, Open adjacent land begins to flood between
Shoemakersville and Hamburg.
* Impact...At 12.0 feet, Miller Street in Shoemakersville floods.
* Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of 12.9
feet on 12/02/1996.
Fld Observed Forecasts (8 am EDT)
Location Stg Stg Day/Time Fri Sat Sun
Berne 12.0 12.9 Thu 9 am EDT 10.0 8.4 7.3
LAT...LON 4056 7605 4059 7595 4036 7591 4031 7598
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government