Event extended (time). Flood Warning from 9/2/2021 10:11 AM to 6:00 PM EDT for Southern PA. More information.
Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 600 pm EDT, Sep 2nd 2021
...The Flood Warning is extended for the following rivers in
Schuylkill River At Norristown affecting Philadelphia, Chester,
and Montgomery Counties.
Schuylkill River At Pottstown affecting Montgomery County.
...Observed flooding changed from Moderate to Major severity and
increased in duration for the following rivers in Pennsylvania...
Schuylkill River At Philadelphia affecting Philadelphia and
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in
Schuylkill River At Berne affecting Berks County.
Schuylkill River At Reading affecting Berks County.
For the Schuylkill River...including Berne, Reading, Pottstown,
Norristown, Philadelphia...Major flooding is forecast.
1011 AM EDT Thu Sep 2 2021
...The Flood Warning is now in effect until this evening...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Schuylkill River At Reading.
* Until this evening.
* At 9:31 AM EDT Thursday the stage was 16.9 feet.
* Flood stage is 15.5 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Recent Activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending
at 9:31 AM EDT Thursday was 16.9 feet.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise to a crest of 17.2 feet
late this morning. It will then fall below flood stage this
* Impact...At 15.5 feet, Flooding begins in Reading. Portions of
Water and Canal Streets are flooded.
* Impact...At 16.0 feet, Flooding occurs along portions of Franklin,
Grape and Chestnut Streets in Reading.
* Impact...At 18.0 feet, Additional streets in Reading are closed.
West Reading begins to experience street flooding. The Reading
Conrail tracks are also flooded.
* Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of 17.4
feet on 01/25/1979.
Fld Observed Forecasts (8 am EDT)
Location Stg Stg Day/Time Fri Sat Sun
Reading 15.5 16.9 Thu 9 am EDT 7.7 5.6 4.0
LAT...LON 4031 7599 4036 7591 4030 7580 4026 7562
4020 7569 4024 7584
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government