Event extended (time). Flood Watch from 9/2/2021 4:58 AM EDT until further notice for Central Maryland. More information.
Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 100 pm EDT, Sep 2nd 2021
...The Flood Watch is extended for the following rivers in
Potomac River at Edwards Ferry affecting Eastern Loudoun, Western
Loudoun and Northwest Montgomery zones.
For the Potomac River...including Paw Paw, Hancock, Dam Number Five,
Shepherdstown, Harpers Ferry, Point of Rocks, Edwards Ferry, Little
Falls...flooding is possible.
458 AM EDT Thu Sep 2 2021
The Flood Watch continues for
the Potomac River at Edwards Ferry.
* From early this morning until further notice.
* At 4:31 AM EDT Thursday the stage was 8.8 feet, or 6.2 feet below
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Flooding is possible.
* Forecast...Flood stage may be reached based on the latest forecast
* Impact...At 15.0 feet, Water reaches the boat ramp and lower
parking area at Edwards Ferry, and begins to inundate areas near
River Name Fld Observed Thu Thu Thu Crest
Location Stg Stg Day/Time 8AM 2PM 8PM Stg Time Date
Edwards Ferry 15.0 8.8 Thu 4 am 9.5 10.9 12.4 14.9 2pm Fri
LAT...LON 3923 7744 3913 7745 3908 7730 3903 7736
3905 7745 3911 7755 3920 7754
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government