Event extended (time). Flood Warning from 9/2/2021 3:04 AM to 1:58 PM EDT for Delmarva/Southern MD. More information.
Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 158 pm EDT, Sep 2nd 2021
...Forecast flooding changed from Minor to Moderate severity and
increased in duration for the following rivers in Delaware...
White Clay Creek Near Newark affecting New Castle County.
For the White Clay Creek...including Newark...Moderate flooding is
304 AM EDT Thu Sep 2 2021
...Forecast flooding increased from Minor to Moderate severity and
increased in duration until this afternoon...
The Flood Warning continues for
the White Clay Creek Near Newark.
* Until this afternoon.
* At 2:16 AM EDT Thursday the stage was 14.6 feet.
* Flood stage is 13.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Recent Activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending
at 2:16 AM EDT Thursday was 14.7 feet.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise to 15.6 feet early this
morning. The river is then expected to fall below flood stage this
* Impact...At 11.0 feet, Flooding begins into adjacent open fields.
* Impact...At 13.3 feet, Delaware Route 7, Stanton Christiana Road,
begins to flood.
* Impact...At 13.5 feet, Businesses on Delaware Route 7 begin to
* Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of 15.4
feet on 10/01/2010.
Fld Observed Forecasts (3 am EDT)
Location Stg Stg Day/Time Fri Sat Sun
White Clay Creek
Newark 13.0 14.6 Thu 2 am EDT 8.7 MSG MSG
LAT...LON 3972 7576 3973 7566 3967 7564 3966 7574
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government