New event. Flood Warning from 9/2/2021 12:48 AM to 9/3/2021 10:00 AM EDT for Central Maryland. More information.
Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 1000 am EDT, Sep 3rd 2021
...The National Weather Service in Baltimore MD/Washington DC has
issued a Flood Warning for the following rivers in Maryland...
Monocacy River near Frederick affecting Frederick County.
For the Monocacy River...including Frederick...Major flooding is
1248 AM EDT Thu Sep 2 2021
The National Weather Service in Sterling Virginia has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Monocacy River near Frederick.
* From early this morning to late tomorrow morning.
* At 12:16 AM EDT Thursday the stage was 17.8 feet, or 2.8 feet
above flood stage.
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and major flooding is forecast.
* Recent Activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending
at 12:16 AM EDT Thursday was 17.8 feet.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise to a crest of 22.1 feet
this afternoon. It will then fall below flood stage late tonight.
* Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of 22.0
feet on 09/06/1979.
River Name Fld Observed Thu Thu Thu Crest
Location Stg Stg Day/Time 8AM 2PM 8PM Stg Time Date
Frederick 15.0 17.8 Thu 12 am 20.7 22.1 19.5 22.1 2pm Thu
LAT...LON 3958 7738 3955 7731 3940 7735 3924 7741
3922 7745 3926 7748 3951 7742
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government