Event extended (time). Flood Warning from 9/2/2021 3:12 AM to 8:24 PM EDT for Southern PA. More information.
Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 824 pm EDT, Sep 2nd 2021
...The Flood Warning is extended for the following rivers in
Schuylkill River At Philadelphia near 30th Street affecting
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in
Schuylkill River At Philadelphia affecting Philadelphia and
Schuylkill River At Norristown affecting Philadelphia, Chester,
and Montgomery Counties.
Schuylkill River At Pottstown affecting Montgomery County.
Schuylkill River At Reading affecting Berks County.
For the Schuylkill River...including Philadelphia near 30th Street,
Berne, Reading, Pottstown, Norristown, Philadelphia...Major flooding
947 PM EDT Wed Sep 1 2021
...The Flood Warning is now in effect until tomorrow evening...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Schuylkill River At Reading.
* From late tonight to Thursday evening.
* At 9:31 PM EDT Wednesday the stage was 8.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 15.5 feet.
* Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise above flood stage late
tonight to a crest of 18.3 feet tomorrow morning. It will then
fall below flood stage early tomorrow afternoon.
* Impact...At 15.5 feet, Flooding begins in Reading. Portions of
Water and Canal Streets are flooded.
* Impact...At 16.0 feet, Flooding occurs along portions of Franklin,
Grape and Chestnut Streets in Reading.
* Impact...At 18.0 feet, Additional streets in Reading are closed.
West Reading begins to experience street flooding. The Reading
Conrail tracks are also flooded.
* Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of 17.5
feet on 04/16/1983.
Fld Observed Forecasts (8 pm EDT)
Location Stg Stg Day/Time Thu Fri Sat
Reading 15.5 8.8 Wed 9 pm EDT 12.7 6.4 4.2
LAT...LON 4031 7599 4036 7591 4030 7580 4026 7562
4020 7569 4024 7584
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government