New event. Flood Warning from 9/1/2021 9:47 PM to 9/2/2021 6:34 PM EDT for Southern PA. More information.
Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 634 pm EDT, Sep 2nd 2021
...The National Weather Service in Mount Holly NJ has issued a Flood
Warning for the following rivers in Pennsylvania...
Schuylkill River At Berne affecting Berks County.
For the Schuylkill River...including Philadelphia near 30th Street,
Berne, Reading, Pottstown, Norristown, Philadelphia...Major flooding
947 PM EDT Wed Sep 1 2021
The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Schuylkill River At Berne.
* From this evening to Thursday evening.
* At 9:31 PM EDT Wednesday the stage was 13.9 feet.
* Flood stage is 12.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Recent Activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending
at 9:31 PM EDT Wednesday was 13.9 feet.
* Forecast...The river will oscillate around flood stage with a
maximum value of 15.5 feet just after midnight tonight.
* Impact...At 10.0 feet, Open adjacent land begins to flood between
Shoemakersville and Hamburg.
* Impact...At 12.0 feet, Miller Street in Shoemakersville floods.
* Impact...At 14.0 feet, Mohrsville Road in Perry Township floods.
Second Street in Shoemakersville floods.
* Impact...At 15.0 feet, Main Street in Shoemakersville floods.
* Impact...At 16.0 feet, Several residences and businesses in
Shoemakersville are inundated.
* Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of 15.5
feet on 09/08/2011.
Fld Observed Forecasts (8 pm EDT)
Location Stg Stg Day/Time Thu Fri Sat
Berne 12.0 13.9 Wed 9 pm EDT 10.7 8.6 6.8
LAT...LON 4056 7605 4059 7595 4036 7591 4031 7598
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government