Event extended (time). Flood Warning from 9/1/2021 9:41 PM to 9/2/2021 3:31 AM EDT for Delmarva/Southern MD. More information.
Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 331 am EDT, Sep 2nd 2021
...The Flood Warning is extended for the following rivers in
White Clay Creek Near Newark affecting New Castle County.
For the White Clay Creek...including Newark...Minor flooding is
941 PM EDT Wed Sep 1 2021
...The Flood Warning is now in effect until late tonight...
The Flood Warning continues for
the White Clay Creek Near Newark.
* Until late tonight.
* At 9:15 PM EDT Wednesday the stage was 14.3 feet.
* Flood stage is 13.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Recent Activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending
at 9:15 PM EDT Wednesday was 14.3 feet.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise to a crest of 14.5 feet
late this evening. It will then fall below flood stage late this
* Impact...At 11.0 feet, Flooding begins into adjacent open fields.
* Impact...At 13.3 feet, Delaware Route 7, Stanton Christiana Road,
begins to flood.
* Impact...At 13.5 feet, Businesses on Delaware Route 7 begin to
* Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of 14.6
feet on 08/08/2020.
Fld Observed Forecasts (unknown time)
Location Stg Stg Day/Time d1 d2 d3
White Clay Creek
Newark 13.0 14.3 Wed 9 pm EDT MSG MSG MSG
LAT...LON 3972 7576 3973 7566 3967 7564 3966 7574
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government