New event. Flood Watch from 9/3/2021 5:01 PM EDT until further notice for Central Maryland, Delmarva/Southern MD. More information.
Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 1215 am EDT, Sep 2nd 2021
...The National Weather Service in Baltimore MD/Washington DC has
issued a Flood Watch for the following rivers in Maryland...
Susquehanna Below Conowingo Dam affecting Cecil County.
For the Susquehanna River...including Conowingo Dam...flooding is
413 PM EDT Wed Sep 1 2021
The National Weather Service in Sterling Virginia has issued a
* Flood Watch for
the Susquehanna Below Conowingo Dam.
* From Friday afternoon until further notice.
* At 3:30 PM EDT Wednesday the stage was 16.0 feet, or 7.5 feet
below flood stage.
* Flood stage is 23.5 feet.
* Flooding is possible.
* Forecast...Flood stage may be reached Friday afternoon.
* Impact...At 23.7 feet, Minor flooding begins in the town of Port
River Name Fld Observed Crest
Location Stg Stg Day/Time 6 hr 12hr 18 Stg Time Date
Conowingo Dam 23.5 16.0 Wed 3 pm MSG MSG MSG MSG unknown
LAT...LON 3966 7622 3968 7616 3955 7604 3952 7611
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government