New event. Flood Warning from 9/2/2021 7:00 AM to 8:45 PM EDT for Southern PA. More information.
Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 845 pm EDT, Sep 2nd 2021
...The National Weather Service in Mount Holly NJ has issued a Flood
Warning for the following rivers in Pennsylvania...
Schuylkill River At Pottstown affecting Montgomery County.
Schuylkill River At Norristown affecting Philadelphia, Chester,
and Montgomery Counties.
Schuylkill River At Philadelphia affecting Philadelphia and
Schuylkill River At Philadelphia near 30th Street affecting
Schuylkill River At Reading affecting Berks County.
For the Schuylkill River...including Philadelphia near 30th Street,
Reading, Pottstown, Norristown, Philadelphia...Major flooding is
355 PM EDT Wed Sep 1 2021
The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Schuylkill River At Reading.
* From Thursday morning to Thursday evening.
* At 3:32 PM EDT Wednesday the stage was 3.5 feet.
* Flood stage is 15.5 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise above flood stage
tomorrow morning to a crest of 16.4 feet tomorrow morning. It will
then fall below flood stage early tomorrow afternoon.
* Impact...At 15.5 feet, Flooding begins in Reading. Portions of
Water and Canal Streets are flooded.
* Impact...At 16.0 feet, Flooding occurs along portions of Franklin,
Grape and Chestnut Streets in Reading.
* Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of 16.1
feet on 12/14/1983.
Fld Observed Forecasts (2 pm EDT)
Location Stg Stg Day/Time Thu Fri Sat
Reading 15.5 3.5 Wed 3 pm EDT 16.0 7.8 5.9
LAT...LON 4031 7599 4036 7591 4030 7580 4026 7562
4020 7569 4024 7584
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government