Event extended (time). Flood Warning from 9/1/2021 11:04 AM to 12:30 PM EDT for Delmarva/Southern MD. More information.
Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 1230 pm EDT, Sep 1st 2021
...The Flood Warning is extended for the following rivers in
Christina River At Coochs Bridge affecting New Castle County.
1104 AM EDT Wed Sep 1 2021
...The Flood Warning is now in effect until this afternoon...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Christina River At Coochs Bridge.
* Until this afternoon.
* At 10:46 AM EDT Wednesday the stage was 11.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 11.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring.
* Recent Activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending
at 10:46 AM EDT Wednesday was 11.8 feet.
* Forecast...The river is expected to fall below flood stage by
* Impact...At 9.0 feet, Flooding begins in fields and floodplain
adjacent to the river.
* Impact...At 11.0 feet, Flooding begins in the town of Christiana.
East Main Street (Del 7) begins to flood as does Water Street.
Meadow Road near New Castle Airport is subject to flooding.
Barksdale Road near Casho Mill Road is also subject to flooding as
are residential backyards.
* Impact...At 11.5 feet, Portions of Duross Heights near New Castle
Airport begin to flood including Don Avenue. Airport Road at the
New Castle Airport begins to flood as the Christina River backs up
the Nonesuch Creek. Walther Road in the Bear area also floods.
Flooding also occurs around Smalley's Pond Dam in Christiana.
* Impact...At 12.0 feet, Significant flooding occurs on Meadow Road
in Christiana. Roads are closed. Homes are flooded. Salem Church
Road and Reybold Road floods in Christiana also flood and are
subject to closures. Residential backyards can flood in this area.
Flooding also occurs in Newark on West Chestnut Hill Road and
South College Avenue.
* Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of 11.8
feet on 01/19/1996.
Fld Observed Forecasts (11 am EDT)
Location Stg Stg Day/Time Thu Fri Sat
Coochs Bridge 11.0 11.8 Wed 10 am ED 4.3 MSG MSG
LAT...LON 3964 7578 3970 7578 3965 7570 3968 7565
3968 7557 3959 7569
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government