New event. Flood Warning from 9/1/2021 8:10 AM to 10:10 AM EDT for Delmarva/Southern MD. More information.
Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 1010 am EDT, Sep 1st 2021
...The National Weather Service in Mount Holly NJ has issued a Flood
Warning for the following rivers in Delaware...
Christina River At Coochs Bridge affecting New Castle County.
For the Christina River...including Coochs Bridge...Minor flooding
803 AM EDT Wed Sep 1 2021
The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Christina River At Coochs Bridge.
* For this morning.
* At 7:46 AM EDT Wednesday the stage was 9.3 feet.
* Flood stage is 11.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise above flood stage this
morning to a crest of 11.1 feet this morning. It will then fall
below flood stage late this morning.
* Impact...At 9.0 feet, Flooding begins in fields and floodplain
adjacent to the river.
* Impact...At 11.0 feet, Flooding begins in the town of Christiana.
East Main Street (Del 7) begins to flood as does Water Street.
Meadow Road near New Castle Airport is subject to flooding.
Barksdale Road near Casho Mill Road is also subject to flooding as
are residential backyards.
* Impact...At 11.5 feet, Portions of Duross Heights near New Castle
Airport begin to flood including Don Avenue. Airport Road at the
New Castle Airport begins to flood as the Christina River backs up
the Nonesuch Creek. Walther Road in the Bear area also floods.
Flooding also occurs around Smalley's Pond Dam in Christiana.
* Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of 11.1
feet on 06/07/2003.
Fld Observed Forecasts (8 am EDT)
Location Stg Stg Day/Time Thu Fri Sat
Coochs Bridge 11.0 9.3 Wed 7 am EDT 4.3 MSG MSG
LAT...LON 3964 7578 3970 7578 3965 7570 3968 7565
3968 7557 3959 7569
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government