Event extended (time). Flood Watch from 9/1/2021 11:00 PM EDT until further notice for Central Maryland. More information.
Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 1245 am EDT, Sep 1st 2021
...The Flood Watch is extended for the following rivers in
Monocacy River near Frederick affecting Frederick MD zone.
For the Monocacy River...including Frederick...flooding is possible.
439 PM EDT Tue Aug 31 2021
The Flood Watch continues for
the Monocacy River near Frederick.
* From Wednesday evening until further notice.
* At 3:30 PM EDT Tuesday the stage was 2.3 feet, or 12.7 feet below
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Flooding is possible.
* Forecast...Flood stage may be reached late tomorrow evening.
* Impact...At 21.0 feet, Maryland Route 26 is flooded near the
Monocacy River bridge.
River Name Fld Observed Tue Wed Wed Crest
Location Stg Stg Day/Time 8PM 2AM 8AM Stg Time Date
Frederick 15.0 2.3 Tue 3 pm 2.2 2.4 3.4 21.4 8pm Thu
LAT...LON 3958 7738 3955 7731 3940 7735 3924 7741
3922 7745 3926 7748 3951 7742
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government