New event. Flood Warning from 9/2/2021 1:00 AM EDT until further notice for Southern PA. More information.
Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 230 am EDT, Sep 1st 2021
...The National Weather Service in State College PA has issued a
Flood Warning for the following rivers in Pennsylvania...
Swatara Creek Near Hershey affecting Lebanon and Dauphin Counties.
Swatara Creek At Harper Tavern affecting Schuylkill and Lebanon
For the Swatara Creek...including Harper Tavern, Hershey...Moderate
flooding is forecast.
1130 AM EDT Tue Aug 31 2021
The National Weather Service in State College has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Swatara Creek Near Hershey.
* From late Wednesday night until further notice.
* At 10:45 AM EDT Tuesday the stage was 2.1 feet.
* Flood stage is 7.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise above flood stage early
Thursday morning and continue rising to a crest of 2.1 feet this
afternoon. It will then rise to 11.9 feet Thursday evening.
Additional rises are possible thereafter.
* Impact...At 7.0 feet, The right, or north bank begins to overflow.
Several roadways upstream of the gage are affected by high water.
* Impact...At 8.0 feet, The right, or north bank overflows. Several
roads are affected.
* Impact...At 10.0 feet, A few homes adjacent to the creek upstream
of the Route 39 bridge flood.
* Impact...At 12.0 feet, High water affects several homes upstream
of the Route 39 bridge. FEMA 10% Annual Chance Flood Level
LAT...LON 4038 7663 4034 7659 4027 7662 4024 7668
4026 7676 4032 7668
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government