New event. Flood Warning from 9/2/2021 3:00 AM EDT until further notice for Southern PA. More information.
Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 230 am EDT, Sep 1st 2021
...The National Weather Service in State College PA has issued a
Flood Warning for the following rivers in Pennsylvania...
Swatara Creek Near Hershey affecting Lebanon and Dauphin Counties.
Swatara Creek At Harper Tavern affecting Schuylkill and Lebanon
For the Swatara Creek...including Harper Tavern, Hershey...Moderate
flooding is forecast.
1130 AM EDT Tue Aug 31 2021
The National Weather Service in State College has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Swatara Creek At Harper Tavern.
* From late Wednesday night until further notice.
* At 10:15 AM EDT Tuesday the stage was 1.1 feet.
* Flood stage is 9.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise above flood stage early
Thursday morning and continue rising to a crest of 14.2 feet
* Impact...At 9.0 feet, Several driveways and other minor roadways
are affected. Water begins to enter some basements.
* Impact...At 10.0 feet, High water isolates several houses.
* Impact...At 12.0 feet, A number of secondary roads are closed,
resulting in some evacuations. A few homes are flooded.
* Impact...At 14.0 feet, A number of homes along the creek are
affected. Some evacuations are necessary.
* Impact...At 16.0 feet, Most homes adjacent to the creek are
affected to some degree. Numerous evacuations are necessary.
LAT...LON 4059 7648 4052 7639 4037 7647 4034 7659
4038 7663 4043 7658
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government