Event extended (time). Flood Watch from 9/2/2021 1:00 AM EDT until further notice for Central Maryland. More information.
Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 730 pm EDT, Aug 31st 2021
...Forecast flooding changed from Minor to Major severity and
increased in duration for the following rivers in Maryland...
Monocacy River near Frederick affecting Frederick MD zone.
For the Monocacy River...including Frederick...flooding is possible.
1116 AM EDT Tue Aug 31 2021
The Flood Watch continues for
the Monocacy River near Frederick.
* From late Wednesday night until further notice.
* At 10:30 AM EDT Tuesday the stage was 2.3 feet, or 12.7 feet below
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Flooding is possible.
* Forecast...Flood stage may be reached early Thursday morning.
* Impact...At 21.0 feet, Maryland Route 26 is flooded near the
Monocacy River bridge.
River Name Fld Observed Tue Wed Wed Crest
Location Stg Stg Day/Time 8PM 2AM 8AM Stg Time Date
Frederick 15.0 2.3 Tue 10 am 2.2 2.3 3.3 21.5 8pm Thu
LAT...LON 3958 7738 3955 7731 3940 7735 3924 7741
3922 7745 3926 7748 3951 7742
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government