New event. Flood Warning from 8/17/2021 1:47 PM to 9:00 PM EDT for Delmarva/Southern MD. More information.
Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 900 pm EDT, Aug 17th 2021
...The National Weather Service in Mount Holly NJ has issued a Flood
Warning for the following rivers in Delaware...
White Clay Creek Near Newark affecting New Castle County.
For the White Clay Creek...including Newark...minor flooding is
146 PM EDT Tue Aug 17 2021
The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the White Clay Creek Near Newark.
* Until this evening.
* At 1:32 PM EDT Tuesday the creek level was 11.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 13.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The creek will rise above flood stage this afternoon
and should fall back below flood stage this evening.
* Impact...At 11.0 feet, Flooding begins into adjacent open fields.
* Impact...At 13.3 feet, Delaware Route 7, Stanton Christiana Road,
begins to flood.
* Impact...At 13.5 feet, Businesses on Delaware Route 7 begin to
* Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of 14.0
feet on 12/25/2020.
Fld Observed Forecast
Location Stg Stg Day/Time Crest
White Clay Creek
Newark 13.0 11.8 Tue 1 pm EDT 13.99 3 pm Tue
LAT...LON 3972 7576 3973 7566 3967 7564 3966 7574
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government