New event. Flood Warning from 9/2/2021 11:00 PM to 9/3/2021 5:00 AM EDT for Central Maryland, Delmarva/Southern MD. More information.
Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 500 am EDT, Sep 3rd 2021
...The National Weather Service in Baltimore MD/Washington DC has
issued a Flood Warning for the following rivers in Maryland...
Susquehanna Below Conowingo Dam affecting Cecil and Harford
For the Susquehanna River...including Conowingo Dam...Minor flooding
1105 AM EDT Thu Sep 2 2021
The National Weather Service in Sterling Virginia has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Susquehanna Below Conowingo Dam.
* From this evening to late tonight.
* At 10:30 AM EDT Thursday the stage was 21.3 feet, or 2.2 feet
below flood stage.
* Flood stage is 23.5 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise above flood stage just
after midnight, reaching 23.5 feet.
* Impact...At 23.7 feet, Minor flooding begins in the town of Port
* Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of 23.5
feet on 05/18/1989.
River Name Fld Observed Crest
Location Stg Stg Day/Time Stg Time Date
Conowingo Dam 23.5 21.3 Thu 10 am 23.5 Fri 2 am
LAT...LON 3966 7622 3968 7616 3955 7604 3952 7611
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government