Just In Weather
I have a little obsession with snow (Faith-in-the-Flakes), but my love of weather extends to all seasons. My goal for this web site is a portal to all of my current work. I am very active in community through Wind for Change/Cool Kids Campaign, and the meteorological field outside of TV. I am very active with a lot of support in large networks on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc. While blogging and updating the weather, I enjoy sharing great pictures interesting stories, and relevant news. Some of them will be scattered around this site.
Kid Weather App: One of proudest developments! I made this mobile app with my oldest son. It was his idea when he was years 6 old, and the first project I worked on when I left my last TV station. It has been downloaded in over 55 counties and won a Parents Choice Award among others.
School Visits: Contact me if you want a fun, knowledgable weather assembly alone or to benefit my charity.
I am still available for consulting work. This includes areas I have already done work in from testifying as an expert witness using forensic meteorology to helping crews plan for severe weather, and of course snow and ice removal.
Despite my career on TV and how much of my personal experience I infuse in the weather, I really don’t like to talk to much about myself. In a nutshell I am a weather nut. I was born in The Bronx, NY and grow up between New York City and the northern suburbs. I moved a lot early and ended up in Maryland in 1997. It has become home for me and I can’t imagine living outside this region. The advent of the iPhone keeps me connected to technology, but I love the outdoors- especially snow! I have two awesome boys ages 4 and 8. They are an integral part of what I do. We also have a dog and cat that have amazing personalities and enjoy the outdoors as well.
Education & Awards
- College: Cornell University, Bachelor of Science in Atmospheric Science
- CBM: Certified Broadcast Meteorologist with the American Meteorological Society
- Baltimore City Paper Voted Best Meteorologist in 2014 Reader’s Poll
- Baltimore Sun Magazine Best Meteorologist and Reader’s Choice 2013 and 2017
- Mobbies Award for Best Facebook Page 2012, 2013 (also readers choice), and 2014 (plus best Twitter feed).
- Best in Baltimore/Baltimore Magazine in 2000, 2006, and 2007
- Weatherist.com Baltimore’s and America’s Favorite Weathercaster 2014
- WSTM in Syracuse, NY 1995
- WBNG in Binghamton, NY 1995-1997
- WBAL in Baltimore, MB 1997-2003
- WPHL in Philadelphia, PA (Freelance 2001 and 2005)
- WMAR in Baltimore, MD 2003-2012
Weather Talk Radio:
In 2006 I joined forces with my friend and former colleague Tony Pann and developed the first 1 hour talk show dedicated to the weather on WCBM am 680.
Weather is always a topic of conversation and we never ran out of topics to discuss. I was able to combine my music collection of weather lyrics as bumps and we had a forecasting contest we called the 7 Day Battle. We donated money to charity based on our errors and matched by sponsors. This was also the catalyst to get me started in web site development and blogging.